Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weird Weather :(

Today, the weather channel said we might have our first snow. I thought it was too warm to snow, but I guess not. The temperature today was 53 degrees Fahrenheit. I hope it doesn't yet. I want a few more days to be warm. If it snows, it snows. I hope mother nature makes up her mind... It has been a weird spring and summer this year. The plants took a long time to produce, because winter ended later then it usually does. This year we had about eight tomato plants, eight pepper plants(Red Bell Pepper and Green Bell Peppers), a cucumber plant, four Brussel sprout plants, and one strawberry plant.
Our strawberry plant never fully developed, so I never got to have a fresh strawberry. I can't have the kind of strawberries in the stores, because I am allergic to food dyes. We only had two-out-of-four Brussel spout plants' Brussel sprouts. The other ones were too small to cut. We had quite a few tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers. We had one tomato bush that was so big that when you open the car door, it would hit the plant. The pepper plants were not that big. They were quite scrawny. The cucumber plant did okay, but I wish it produced some more cucumbers so that maybe we could have made pickles. I really like pickles.

0 comments: